Reef Ranger Tour
Have fun snorkelling and learning about the UNSECO World Heritage Listed Great Barrier Reef, while you contribute directly to its future.
During this tour you will discover the underwater beauty of The Keppel’s, and take part in Citizens Science and research to help make a change.
The data collected will be submitted by yourself and your guide, collecting valuable information that scientists and reef managers will have access to, meaning you are contributing directly to the health and protection of the reef.
You will follow and assist our Master Reef Guides and Eye on the Reef trained staff in a small and informative tour. Here are some examples of the citizen science activities you can expect to participate in during your tour:
- Gain local area knowledge specific to the Keppel reefs and its history
- Assist our Master Reef Guides and Eye on the Reef trained staff as they survey reef locations and monitor reef health,
- Complete Sightings Network submissions and Rapid Monitoring or Tourism Weekly Survey Reports for the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority as part of the Eye on the Reef network.
Reef Ranger TourAdults $75/Kids $55
Duration 2 hours (minimum 50 mins in water time). A minimum age restriction of 6 years applies (with confident swimming ability), and children 6-12 must be accompanied by an adult.
The tour package includes the following:
- mask, fins and snorkel
- any flotation device that may be required
- wetsuit or stinger suit
- An experienced, Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority Eye on the Reef trained in-water guide
- Completion of either Tourism Weekly or Rapid Monitoring Surveys and uploads to Eye on the Reef Sightings network
- $2.50 donation to either Mon Repos Turtle Centre or Keppel Turtle Fund (alternating monthly donations)
- All prices include a per person Environmental Management Charge that contributes to management and protection of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park
Tours only available on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays. If you are interested in participating outside of these days, please contact us
minimum 2 guests required for the tour
upgrades available from our general Guided Eco-Snorkel Tour