Open Water Dive Course
Get hooked on DIVING …. you diver certification begins here.
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts.
Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognised scuba course. To enrol in a PADI Open Water Diver course (or Junior Open Water Diver course), you must be
- 10 years old or older (10-14 years will be certified as Junior Open Water Divers).
- You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health.
Please look over the medical declaration and if you answer YES to any of the questions, you will require a medical clearance. This includes being over 45 years of age. In most cases this can be completed by a GP, however some require a certified SPUMS Doctor authority and that requires more planning. Please contact us so we can advise you further.
No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development ( online "PADI E-learning") to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore!
In the PADI Open Water Diver course, you learn to use basic scuba gear, including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device and a tank. All this will be supplied during your course.
The courses offered are a variety of 3 consecutive days or 2 consecutive weekends (eg. Sat/Sun/Sat)
We are a small, family run business, so to cover running costs, minimum numbers do apply.
If the availability does not suit your current arrangements or you require clarification, please contact us
Open Water Dive Course$850 per person
Prebooked groups are welcome
The package includes the following:
- Gear hire for the duration of the course
- All PADI study materials
- Keppel Konnections ferry transfers to and from GKI for all days of course that are required by the individual participant. Please note: no credit will be offered for ferry transfers not required
- 20% off gear hire or your next Double Dive with Keppel Dive upon completion (if booked and paid within 4 weeks of course completion
- All prices include a per person, per day Environmental Management Charge that contributes to management and protection of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park