Dive Master Program
This is your entry into the world of recreational diving as a professional.
The PADI Divemaster course is your first level of professional training. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll fine-tune your dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover, and refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems.
You’ll gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere. As a PADI Divemaster, you’ll lead others as you supervise scuba diving activities and assist with diver training. Whether you want to work at a faraway dive destination or close to home at a local dive shop, the adventure of a lifetime awaits you.
PADI Divemasters are respected dive professionals who are aligned with the largest and most respected dive organization in the world – PADI.
$2400 per person
2020 Course Dates:
October 19 – November 3
- 16 days including a combination of theoretical classroom sessions along with practical application sessions, covering a variety of pool and open water PADI courses
- PADI Course Materials
- Keppel Konnections return GKI transfers for every required day
- Pool entry fees
- Environmental Management Charges for each day spent on the reef
- Gear hire if required. We do encourage all participants to have their own set up and only require tanks and weights hire – this is like a builder not having his own drill. We can assist you with finding the right gear for you through a variety of our stockists
- Accomodation for the duration of the course – if you are from out of town we can assist you with finding the right place to suit your budget
- Any of the above prerequisites
- PADI Professional
- Membership Fees
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Professional Dive Medical AS2299 (City Heart Medical Centre in Rockhampton can provide you with this)
- Current HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Current HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- Current HLTAID007 Provide Advanced Resuscitation (Oxygen) – Includes CPR
- PADI Rescue Diver Certificate
- 40 Logged Dives
- 18 Years of age
Through this program, you will study and practice the following topics until you are competent – to ensure you can confidently use them throughout your future work and dives after becoming certified.
- Lead dives for certified divers
- Diver safety, risk management
- Diving business and careers
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Dive mapping in open water
- Supervising dive activities
- Assisting with student divers and snorkelers
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review/Refresher course and a skin diver course
- Assisting with a Discover
- Scuba Dive and leading a Discover Local Diving program
- Conducting a dive briefing
Please contact us for information about becoming a Dive Master with Keppel Dive.